Sunday, May 17, 2015

Chapter 12 - The Hearing

So there I was... at the hearing. The people that were there were the greaser, his two brothers,  Randy and his parents, Cherry Valance and her parents, me and some of the other guys that had been there that night. Before the hearing, a doctor had a long talk with the judge. Randy was first questioned and he looked nervous. All of us socs told the judge pretty much the same thing, the truth. Then Cherry told them what happened before and after Johnny had been jumped. She didn't look very nervous. She talked smoothly and calmly The judge asked the greasers two brothers a little bit about Dally. He said Dally was a good friend of theirs. All the judge asked the greaser was if he liked living with Darry, if he liked school, and what kind of grades hes made. Then the judge smiled at him and told him not to chew on his fingernails. I can't believe that the judge didn't ask the greaser more questions than that, especially about the judge not even asking him a question about Bob getting killed. Then the judge said that the case was closed. Thats when everyone in the hearing got up and left. That didn't take as long as I thought it would. I got in my car, and drove home. When I got home I laid on the coach and turned on the tv. Not long after I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment