Thursday, May 14, 2015

Chapter 8 - The Bus

I was walking in the park, and I sat on a nearby bench to smoke a cigarette. On the other side of the park, a bus stopped to drop people off. I watched the people get off the bus when I thought I saw someone get off that I knew. I thought I saw the greaser. No, it couldn't be. I was seeing the greaser almost everywhere I went. I took another hard look at them and realized I wasn't crazy. It was him! And he was with one of his friends as usual. I decided to follow them. I got up, and ran and hid behind a bush so they wouldn't see me. As they were walking by the vacant lot, they stopped and talked to someone who was in a red Corvette. It looked like Cherry Valance. They talked for a little bit and the greaser started to walk off, but he stopped, turned around, and walked back. Cherry started to cry, probably about something the greaser said. The greaser said something else to her and that made her smile. Then the greaser and his friend slowly walked away. I followed them till they stopped at a house and went inside. That must be where the greaser lives. I wonder who lives with him. He couldn't live by himself. Now that I knew where the greaser lived, I decided to walk back home. As I passed the vacant lot on the way home, the red corvette that Cherry was in was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment